- 75% of enterprise data expected to be processed on the edge by 2020 17 September 2019 | 5:54 pm
- The top five markets to watch in the Asia-Pacific MVNO sector 17 September 2019 | 4:28 pm
- NTT Docomo set to ditch Huawei phones over Android fears – report 17 September 2019 | 4:22 pm
- Apple and Ireland begin appealing €14.3bn tax bill 17 September 2019 | 2:35 pm
- GSMA boasts of climate change progress 17 September 2019 | 11:27 am
Article: Ovum Analyst Insight, Guillermo Escofet
Telecoms APIs: Carriers give up on long tail and standardization
Mobile-operator public-API initiatives have encountered several barriers, including developer indifference, operator disunity, under-resourcing and regulatory constraints. Many ambitious API programs rolled out by either individual operators or cross-carrier alliances have come to naught or have been significantly scaled down.