- Google undermines US carrier RCS initiative by launching its own 15 November 2019 | 1:46 pm
- UK Labour party pledges to nationalise much of BT if elected 15 November 2019 | 12:20 pm
- KaiOS shows why it is critical to Africa’s digital ambition 15 November 2019 | 12:15 pm
- Ericsson gets some 5G work from MTN South Africa 14 November 2019 | 5:36 pm
- Consolidation in the B2B CSP market with Ribbon and ECI set to merge 14 November 2019 | 4:58 pm
Article: Ovum Analyst Insight, Guillermo Escofet
Telecoms APIs: Carriers give up on long tail and standardization
Mobile-operator public-API initiatives have encountered several barriers, including developer indifference, operator disunity, under-resourcing and regulatory constraints. Many ambitious API programs rolled out by either individual operators or cross-carrier alliances have come to naught or have been significantly scaled down.