- Nike has made some shoes that you can lace up with your smartphone 18 January 2019 | 12:29 pm
- Netflix doubles profit but Wall Street not very happy 18 January 2019 | 12:25 pm
- Giesecke+Devrient lands Swatch contactless payment gig 17 January 2019 | 8:15 pm
- Vodafone bags Big Blue as $550 million partner 17 January 2019 | 4:44 pm
- The app economy is going from strength to strength 17 January 2019 | 2:49 pm
Article: Ovum Analyst Insight, Guillermo Escofet
Telecoms APIs: Carriers give up on long tail and standardization
Mobile-operator public-API initiatives have encountered several barriers, including developer indifference, operator disunity, under-resourcing and regulatory constraints. Many ambitious API programs rolled out by either individual operators or cross-carrier alliances have come to naught or have been significantly scaled down.