- Korean operators set to switch to usage-based billing – report 24 May 2018 | 3:54 pm
- US Congress asks Pai why he keeps ignoring its letters 24 May 2018 | 3:51 pm
- Square stands up for small retailers in the mobile era 24 May 2018 | 12:24 pm
- Uber says driving in Arizona is too dangerous but flying in France is fine 24 May 2018 | 11:28 am
- Deutsche Telekom embraces automation to efficiently reduce workforce 24 May 2018 | 10:39 am
Article: Ovum Analyst Insight, Guillermo Escofet
Telecoms APIs: Carriers give up on long tail and standardization
Mobile-operator public-API initiatives have encountered several barriers, including developer indifference, operator disunity, under-resourcing and regulatory constraints. Many ambitious API programs rolled out by either individual operators or cross-carrier alliances have come to naught or have been significantly scaled down.