- New Synchronoss CEO looks to put nightmare year behind it 20 November 2017 | 7:10 pm
- Volvo will supply 24k cars to fulfil Uber’s autonomous dream 20 November 2017 | 7:02 pm
- Slice of the 5G action – the importance of network slicing 20 November 2017 | 2:00 pm
- The Telecoms.com Podcast: 5G special 20 November 2017 | 1:52 pm
- iLifers will have to wait until 2018 for the Apple Siri speaker 20 November 2017 | 1:14 pm
Article: Ovum Analyst Insight, Guillermo Escofet
Telecoms APIs: Carriers give up on long tail and standardization
Mobile-operator public-API initiatives have encountered several barriers, including developer indifference, operator disunity, under-resourcing and regulatory constraints. Many ambitious API programs rolled out by either individual operators or cross-carrier alliances have come to naught or have been significantly scaled down.