- UK government grapples with bias in artificial intelligence 20 March 2019 | 5:04 pm
- Money is piling up in the US 24 GHz auction 20 March 2019 | 3:02 pm
- Europe fines Google another €1.5 billion after belated Android concession 20 March 2019 | 12:28 pm
- Inmarsat once again in the acquisition crosshairs 20 March 2019 | 12:13 pm
- Germany pushes back against US Huawei threats 20 March 2019 | 11:21 am
Article: Ovum Analyst Insight, Guillermo Escofet
Telecoms APIs: Carriers give up on long tail and standardization
Mobile-operator public-API initiatives have encountered several barriers, including developer indifference, operator disunity, under-resourcing and regulatory constraints. Many ambitious API programs rolled out by either individual operators or cross-carrier alliances have come to naught or have been significantly scaled down.