- Can we ever hope to eliminate mobile notspots in London? 18 July 2018 | 4:58 pm
- Google continues infrastructure investment with trans-Atlantic cable 18 July 2018 | 3:48 pm
- A ticket to ride is just a Whim away 18 July 2018 | 3:47 pm
- Europe hits Google with €4.3bn fine for Android antitrust violations 18 July 2018 | 12:40 pm
- Ericsson shares jump after another quarter of quietly delivering the numbers 18 July 2018 | 12:28 pm
Article: Ovum Analyst Insight, Guillermo Escofet
Telecoms APIs: Carriers give up on long tail and standardization
Mobile-operator public-API initiatives have encountered several barriers, including developer indifference, operator disunity, under-resourcing and regulatory constraints. Many ambitious API programs rolled out by either individual operators or cross-carrier alliances have come to naught or have been significantly scaled down.